Category: Community

At Peace with NO

In May, I had the opportunity and privilege to meet Jamie Ivey. She is a podcaster that I follow/stalk on social media. I sat down by myself because I went by myself and Jamie Ivey sat at the… Read More

Double- Digits!

This firecracker is 10. DOUBLE-DIGITS! I’m not ready for her to become an official tween…but we’re here and this girl is ready for whatever life throws at her. Dear Sister-Girl, If you ever decide to become a superhero,… Read More

The Boy is Twelve!

My son is twelve. This post is to him to read when he’s ready to see sappy words from mom. Every time gifting is happening at our house, whether Christmas or birthdays, I sit in the floor to… Read More

Eight years of blogging

When they were 4 and 2 I started blogging.   It was an outlet for me. It because a place to document how our family has changed and grown and collapsed and survived. I enjoy looking back and… Read More

Adult Fail

Adulting is hard. Being cool is really hard.   Nine days out of the week I don’t want to be a grown up. That’s right, 9 of the days. Because that’s how many times during the week that… Read More

Soul Mates

Handsome is my very best friend. I started the day reading a blog post at CarrieWiseHeart.com titled “10 Reasons you don’t need a boyfriend or Girlfriend in High School”. You can read it here. I agree with every… Read More

Fame Brushing

About 20 years ago, I met Dionne Sanders. I feel like I spelled his name wrong but I left it to hammer in the point that I’m not sure who he was or why he was famous. My… Read More