Category: Community

Letters to my Children: Tweens to Teens

Each month I have the honor of joining a mom or two in a blog circle. Click here to hop over to Holli’s post this month.  Dear children, What a difference a month makes! I thought the exponential growing was… Read More

Throw your feelings in the air…like you just don’t care

I woke up this morning unaware of last night’s outcome. I didn’t stay up late because I still have a full day today and being tired would be more harmful to my Wednesday than whatever the news reported… Read More

Letters to my children: Now it’s November

Each month I participate in a blog circle with some incredible moms. Click Here to ready Holli’s letter and see her fantastic pics. (Well, after you read my sarcastic words to my kids then click on that link. Her loving… Read More

18 Halloweens

Halloween of 1998, I left work and headed to the Jolly Fox to play pool. I was in a black pencil skirt, white dress shirt, tights and heels. I also had whiskers drawn on my chubby cheeks and… Read More

Because write 30ish…

I didn’t stop today. Well, I eBay shopped and cleaned floors and scrolled Facebook. But I didn’t stop to think and share today.  I feel like I have so much to tell you sometimes. Other times, producing words… Read More

Pausing. 

Do you have too much going on? Do you feel the flash of the day and wonder how life could possibly speed up every day!? I’ve been thinking s lot of stopping and pausing. Because I don’t stop… Read More

Hole Filling

Write 31 changed to write 30ish yesterday. I wanted to stop and write down all my thoughts and share the goodness I jumped into. But I didn’t.  Yesterday I stopped. Paused. And spent time with my soul sisters…. Read More

So Over Thursday

As we leapt over the hump of Wednesday and kicked those clowns in the shins, we found ourselves falling to the ground of Thursday. Thursday means we have eaten things in the car or at a concession stand… Read More

What’s up with the clowns?

I can’t do scary!  In middle school I watched a Freddy Cougar (Cruger?) movie and didn’t sleep for weeks. That water bed scene scares me every time I look at it. That fear was still very real when… Read More

A Good Place 

We moved here last summer. After being here a couple of months, we finally decided on the church we get involved in.  This was not an easy decision for me. I church “dated” for months. I tried several… Read More