Category: Community

Countdown to the big 4-0!

In 13 days I will be 40. I wanted this year to be extravagant. Or at least not the same as always. I purposefully opened my eyes to my failures and what makes me tick. I’m lazy and… Read More

I’m ruining my kids’ summer on purpose 

During the school year: They are making memories that doesn’t include me. Experiencing joys and hurts that don’t involve me. They don’t want my help but sometimes need it desperately.  First day of summer: They are bored. And… Read More

April Letter to my Children

Happy April! Each month I get to write a letter to my kids and link up with some other moms. This month I get to link to my beautiful and talented friend Michelle. Click Here after you ready my letter… Read More

Learning from Broken Eggs

A day’s work. Ruined.  Because I was distracted and had too many things rushing through my head. You don’t have to be a chicken princess to appreciate this frustrating (and depressing) sight. I would compare it to the… Read More

Self-working it out

I feel like I’m constantly in motion. It would be nice to totally blame this on the children but it would also be false. I’m an over-committer. When you compound that character trait with people-pleasing and comparison, you… Read More

Fixing It

I am reading 40 Days of Decrease again for lent. As a Baptist girl, this practice is new and a little shaky for me even after years of attempts. I didn’t give up any food or Facebook. Instead… Read More

Letters to my Children: February 2017

Each month I have the honor to link up with incredible moms that also write letters to their children. Click here to read my good friend Michelle’s letter after you finish reading mine. Hope around the circle until you… Read More

Just one word…SPACE

New year…new me? Probably not. I don’t stick with stuff. I try and buy the best planner to help me stay on top of it all but will find myself beneath it all in a month or so. … Read More

Letters to my children: Beginning 2017

Each month I join other moms in a blog circle and we write letters to our children. Some letters are sweet and memorable. Other (mine) are words written to document the trenches of motherhood. After you read my… Read More

Losing Jolie

Our dog Jolie died today. We are all very sad. We found a nice spot for her just beyond the yard under a huge pecan tree. The kids made a cross to mark her spot.  We stood by… Read More